In the scope of "New Chapter: Cooperation Against Hate" project the Youth Social Rights Network simultaneously implemented 4 similar activities with young people living in Thessaloniki, Skopje, Tbilisi and Yerevan. “New Chapter” is a 15-month and 4-country (Greece, Italy, Denmark and UK) project that aims to provide space and support for cross sectoral cooperation of organizations and institutions that work with young people in formal/non formal education on combating hate speech and promote human rights education. In February 2018 it brought together
- Youth Social Rights Network,
- Youthnet Hellas,
- 10th Primary school of Sykies,
- MBM Training and Development Center,
- Lyceum of Gouves,
- Centro Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci,
- Common Benefit Enterprise of Services of Neapolis-Sykies,
in order to strengthen their capacities in international cooperation and develop competences on identifying and combating the different forms of hate speech and discrimination and promote the human rights education. As one of the outcomes of this training course, “Don’t hate what you don’t understand” activity was developed by YSRN members to recognize the violation of Human Rights and empathize with victims of Hate Speech. It had two main activities:
1. Inside activity which was based on Bookmarks-A manual for combating hate speech online through human rights education,
2. Outdoor activitiy by disseminating the flyers developed by YSRN members and by raising awareness of hundreds of people about hate speech campaign.
The first activity was organized on March 24th which is the international day for the right to the truth concerning gross Human Rights violations and for the dignity of victims. The second activity followed the first one in all 4 cities. The activities in Yerevan, Armenia was organized with the support of As a Participant team, Skarp NGO and No Hate Speech Movement Armenia.